Cancer Journal - Sunday August 11th - Powerful Prayer

I went to church this morning and asked Jill to pray for me. I noted to her how surprisingly powerful it is to be on the other side of prayer that I have offered to others. I broke down in tears while I was talking to her. Steve stood up to offer me a hug. I spoke with Dani later and told her about my meditation practice. She commented on how she is not surprised by what I am doing because I stand in my faith in all of the ways that I can experience it. This was a powerful reflection that felt good to hear.

Surgery is on Thursday with the additional colonoscopy on Wednesday. Mostly, I feel ready for this. I feel some trepidation about the recovery from surgery aspect. However, that is because I haven’t had major surgery since I was a child and even that didn’t involve an abdominal incision. I feel hopefully confident that the surgery will go well and that they will not find anything unexpected and even that the cancer will not have spread to the lymph nodes. Speaking of that, it is late. I picked Christine and the kids up from the airport and they have gone to bed. So, I am going to meditate now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving Your Enemies, Serving Your Loved Ones

Hell and Damnation

Names and Labels (Top Posted)