Cancer Journal - Saturday June 15th - Surprise!

So, on Wednesday, I went in for a mostly routine colonoscopy that is recommended when you are over 50. I say mostly routine because I’ve been having some problems since about mid-March – painful gas, constant urge to go, loose stools. And it had become chronic. I had attributed this to stress, particularly since Mom’s death. However, when I woke up the doctor told me that they had encountered a tumor blocking the way at the sigmoid colon and couldn’t complete the exam. They biopsied the tumor and sent it to a lab for more information.

Without a doubt, I was going to need surgery to deal with the blockage, even if it was benign. However, yesterday the doctor called to say that the biopsy results say that it is cancer.

Today, I went for a hike with Christine and the kids. We took pictures like we always do but today I was aware of a caption for the pictures along the lines of “First day of an unexpected journey.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving Your Enemies, Serving Your Loved Ones

Hell and Damnation

Names and Labels (Top Posted)