Cancer Journal - Friday June 21st - First Scan


Today, I went in for the cat scan to see if the cancer has spread. I will get results on Monday. The procedure was actually quite easy. I didn’t have to drink the chalky barium liquid. It is all done intravenously now. That was actually the most difficult part, finding my vein to insert the catheter into. But the nurse finally succeeded. I was placed on a sliding table that rolled my body up to my neck into the tube and then pulled me back out again. It did this once to get a clean scan without the barium and then the IV was pumped with barium which produced a warm sensation, particularly around my buttocks. Then, the table moved me back into the tube one more time.

The technician was very upbeat and lighthearted throughout, even when she was struggling to get my vein. I don’t want to read too much into this but she remained upbeat even after seeing my scan.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving Your Enemies, Serving Your Loved Ones

Hell and Damnation

Names and Labels (Top Posted)